Thursday, December 28, 2006

some road trip observations

Whew – I made it

Spent about 26 hours on the road driving over 1000 miles down to Orlando – it would not have taken me quite as much time, but the traffic was baddddd in a few places I literally managed about 20 miles an hour at best.

Plus I needed a little sleep – so I did pull off and stop at a few rest stops for cat naps. Add in my small bladder and the fact I tend to drink more on a road trip as it helps with the driving and such.

Saw a lot of neat stuff on the trip – there was a bathroom experience – whew – just remind me never to go off the beaten path or further then two feet from the Interstate regardless of how bad I have to go….

It is interesting the way rest stops are designed - I also found the pattern of where they were were part predictable - always one right after crossing a state line and totally, why did they build two 40 miles between sometimes and 70 or more other times - I also liked watching the different trucks and what they were hauling.

Did pack in a couple hours at Universal – which was cool – it was not as busy as I thought. But the weather so far is great and much warmer than NJ, which is one of a few reasons why I headed south

I also needed a place that offered me a long drive so I could think about some things – it would have been nice to have company – one of the things on my list to think about – but I did manage to be able to sing as loud and off key I wanted and not worry about the hat hair and such I developed from sleeping in my car and such.

Enjoying all the people watching so far and the movie stuff at Universal – it is just amazing to watch couples, groups and families interacting and the dynamics of how they act in a situation – a lot like watching the cars as I drove, how the different cars jockeyed for position and read a situation and where they were going and came from and so on… so many patterns and details to see and explore and the most amazing part – when I focus on exploring those things, I forget for awhile the fact that I am exploring them alone and don’t have anyone to share what I find with afterwards…. But onwards and upwards always watching life : )

No comments: