Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So Long I have forgotten



In the car this morning I was running over all the things I have to do today and in the near future

Stuff like.....


Create web page with SAT prep resources for teacher and student training
Teacher workshop - I am training teachers how to use their content to create SAT like questions to help students prepare
Get new FTP addy to upload pages
Prepare Bridging program report (summer program for incoming 9th graders I am the director for)
Prepare report on how students did on a questioning test
Get a blood test the doctor ordered
Get my blood pressure taken
Try to stop by the post office
Prepare tests for geology classes
Figure out grading for labs for my classes
Need to check the discussion board and grade drafts for the high school online class I am teaching
Need to pick up a scooter for xmas gift
Need to get a Pollyanna for work


Need to….

I realized in the car I always have projects waiting for me – no matter how hard I try and yes I complete things and yes the semester is winding down and yes… there always seems to be something waiting

I can't remember the last time I truly had nothing I had to get done….

Life is all about interactions and productions and such… sigh

Saw Spamalot on Broadway Saturday – IT WAS GREAT – I laughed a lot – a couple of the numbers were very stereotypical and did not laugh as much at those, but that actually was always a trademark of the Monty Python crew – they really did play to the stereotype – but they also had very good historical, political and satirical wit with major black, dark humor (See Life of Brian for the commentary and The Meaning of Life for black humor)

I also enjoyed the group I went with – we ate at this Irish pub and it was good.

Spent way too much time at Borders the other night – just stuck to the music section this time (although tried to find the book the Bell Jar – need to go online for that) – picked up a few things (Clerks II soundtrack, Aslyn, Saving Jane and AFI). There was more I listened to but my wallet is empty

Thinking of destinations down south to travel to – thinking since I am going alone again going to tried and true Orlando – it is a good drive and I know my way a little so it is not totally unfamiliar. Plus never been down there during a mad – crazy time – Yes I wanna spend three hours to ride a 6.445 minute Jaws ride – lmao – I'll bring a notebook with and write and such while in line :P

No comments: