Sunday, October 22, 2006

Frenetic Fhoosh Friday and Sassy, Saucy Saturday

Wow what a pair of days.

I brain-fried/mushed myself on Friday. I started with a couple hours of typing up this case study for this NAF project through my day job. I was using Census Bureau data, student data and crunching other statistics to try and get this case study written for these people. Then the Business Services teacher had MOUS (Microsoft Office official tests) left that expired after Friday.

So I took, I a row, three 50 minute tests -MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access – I passed all three – Whoot, go me, but I had NEVER opened the 2003 version really of any of those programs – LMAO – I went in cold and sat and took them. If you are not familiar – you have 50 minutes to do 17 – 19 multiple part tests that are practical – format this, hyperlink that find a formula that does that, etc. Damn I really think I multitasked and switched topics too much and radically - I am still not sure how I did it (plus still have this drat lingering cold thing)

Then 20 minutes after completing that test – I was on the road driving to the community college to teach my three hour environmental science course. We started meteorology so I was covering the atmosphere and what heats it and all this stuff -whoosh – I made it home and went blahhh and did the thing where you run your finger over your lips and make the woobah-woobah I am crazy sound :-P

Saturday – well – today was much better – started with the three hour environmental lab and the topic was humidity and the beginning of the discussions on what causes rain – that lecture and lab went very well. Then I jumped in my OLD Saturn car and drove to the Honda dealer and drove away in my NEW Honda Civic – Hurray – I will have old and new pics of the cars up on my web site in a day or two.

Then I caught a quick nap and went to see……….. OMFG Cyndi Lauper. And I sat in the FRONT row – OMG – it was so cool and I almost got to shake her hand – she went the other way at the last minute – but damn it was an awesome concert and just – whew – she knows how to hold a concert and throw a fun time ;-D

Tomorrow I drive up to the Wissahickon Park in Philly and check to see if it is good for the field trip I am running in a couple of weeks – plus gotta do grading and other work stuff – bleck – but Saturday was awesome : )

No comments: