Monday, October 16, 2006

a cool play adn other tidbits

Whew - weekend went by fast

Friday I started getting sick, a nice head cold complete with weariness and blahs (I so do not need sick blahs on top of my mopey lonely blahs). But managed to make it through class (we hit plate tectonics and earthquakes in the environmental science lecture). Then I tried to sleep as the nose continued to clog.

Saturday was marked by Envinromental Lab Saturday morning (Volcanoes - hurray) and then I slept some - although also managed a call as my home internet is still up and down - they did not have an appointment open until Tuesday but hopefully they can find what is wrong - unfortunately it seems to go up and down so that may be harder to find....

I slept some after class and then saturday night went out to see this play/musical

"The Mystery of Edwin Drood" _ OMG OMG OMG I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prolly can't but am going to try to see it again before they end. It is a local company that put it on but it was great. It is a musical based, loosely, very loosely, on the last unfinished story by Charles Dickens. It was dark humor, music and the cast interacts with the crowd - I was on an end seat and ended up having to help one of the performers with their stretching exercises and stuff - it was awesome.

It is the premise of an olde English Music Hall troupe doing the PLay "the Mystery of Edwin Drood'. And the troup knows it is unfinished so they have the crowd determine at the end who is the murder - which is awesome - but the in-jokes - since it is a cast playing a cast playing a cast - I am lost - but just AWESOME - I can see why when it was on Broadway it won Tonys - in fact I am going to see if it is playing in New York anywhere and go see it....

After the play - went to a local bar/tavern and listened to a 60s - today cover band. They did stuff like Steely Dan, The Romantics, and others - semi rock and such - it was good - and I like the place, it was close to home, so will try there again.

Sunday was spent still sick (in fact still ick today) and trying to do some errands and stuff. Not been talking much to anyone lately - everyones been busy, so kinda just tooling along - hoping this cold thing goes away ASAP.

Going to try and make it through the day and push out a lot of work just to try and catch up....

No comments: