Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I survived the DMV - wheeeeee

Well getting settled back in from trip - spent a lot of time at the division of motor vehicles today. I was changing the address on my license finally, and getting new license pates, transferring and title and doing registration to finally put the car I had been driving the last few years in my name. I actually, finally, for the first time in my life… own a car.

Due to circumstances growing up (money and fact my mother was blind so could not drive anyways) I did not have a car growing up – then in grad school I lived in center city Philly and walked to the school so need for car there – then for the next stage the cars were in my ex's name so – this is the first time I ever owned a car – wow. It has like 163000 miles on it, is falling apart and I will be lucky if it sees the summer through – but damnit it is mine.

It kinda just really hits home how much has changed for me these last two years (a lot a lot has changed) and how things keep changing (which is good in a way – I like exploring and also when I get depressed about certain things or lack of certain things, I can remind myself – hey things keep changing – they'll change in that department too – I figured out one of the things that makes me happy is being able to make others happy – not in a smother or clogging or wait on hand and foot way – that is too much work – lol – but I just, I find I am happy when I know I am making others happy… )

To quote a couple of movies I like a lot (yes if you recall from earlier posting I watch dorky movies and like them a lot)

Romancing the Stone

Gloria: You are now a WORLD-CLASS hopeless romantic.
Joan: No, hopeful romantic. Hopeful.

And

Joe Vs. the Volcano

Patricia: Nobody knows anything, Joe. We'll take this leap, and we'll see. We'll jump, and we'll see. That's life, right?

No comments: