Monday, January 09, 2006

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

Well 2200 plus a smidgen miles, five days, four nights, and 4 states – quite a little trip. Did I enjoy myself – most of the time oh yeah. Did I do a lot, see a lot, think a lot, explore a lot. Oh yeah. Did I find what I was looking for and the real reason behind this trip and inner journey to "look" around…. That story is tbc - to be continued – so not really, but I did at least spend the time working through something.. not finished, but them most of us are a work in progress and I just have to be patient and things will happen – right?

I have a bunch of trip stuff I wanna jot down – heck half of it is jotted down on museum brochures, ticket stubs, the back of my map printouts… anything I could find when a thought came up I wanted to keep around (for those who know me, thoughts often ramble through my mind at light speed – here today, gone yesterday is my ditzy, blonde slogan – lol

So more trip stuff and even a link to some pictures in the next day or so (yes if you so desire you can subject yourself to the torture that is my photography skill – hehe) – Tonight I am just taking in a deep breath as I am home and starting to work through some somethings that came up. Back to life and the daily routine.

I listened to music most of the time while driving. So if you figure 2000 + miles at anywhere from 30 miles to about 78 miles per hour… that's a bit of music… which was a cool thing about the trip – listening to the music and thinking and so on.

One song – lyrics below – posed some questions in the lyrics and I almost jumped as I think subconsciously these were some of the questions I set out to find. So part of that story tbc I think was just finding the questions. Then I startled myself with being able to answer some of them a little and also knowing, knowing for sure, I could not answer some of them… or else I am afraid to….

I know one thing I had hoped for on the trip, or would it be during the trip? Well actually would have happened before, then during, but I digress… was not addressed and won’t be – not until, as my sister keeps punching me in the arm and whacking the back of my head so I stop being stupid and listen, it won’t until I least expect it and find myself not looking for that – then it (well the who not it) will find me. Okay Kathy, I am trusting the talk we had in was that Tennessee or Virginia? Anyway – I'm going to still feel punky and all as you know I get kath, but I am trusting you (OMG, I am trusting one of my younger sisters – the world is coming to an end – j/k Kathy)

And if you wanna know which questions from the song and such I could answer and how I am answering them for now (I say that because I did realize I have changed a lot in the past two years – yes I went through the whole self inspection and where I've been, am, are going and that I think, nah, I know I am still exploring and growing into myself. So my answer is based on my perspective of myself and my world (yes my – I know that is egotistical and self centered my views are shaped from my standpoint – what I know and have experienced and dreamed or imagined or… well you get the drift.) Anyhoos I think IU rambled off-topic again – but um – if you wanna know – feel free to ask – I don’t think I'm going to talk about them here right now.

So I am back – a great time, lots of thinking, fun, contemplation, wistfulness and wishing, realization wishes are not coming true today, and moving on to tomorrow.

Have an awesome day/night/whatever y'all :-D

SWITCHFOOT

"This Is Your Life"

yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
yesterday is a promise that you've broken
don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
this is your life and today is all you've got now
yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes

this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

yesterday is a kid in the corner
yesterday is dead and over

this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes

this is your life are you who you want to be
this is your life are you who you want to be

this is your life, is it everything you dreamed it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

and you had everything to lose

No comments: