Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Cactus moon

Hi from sunny, hot Arizona :-D

Well just a quick note on having interesting times while visiting sisters here – got in on Friday and having lots of fun and other assorted adjectives – lol

Went to Pinnacle Peak today and we saw a cowboy show and walked around - found this kick-butt awesome ass picture frame and this little cat themed painted guitar thingy so I splurged and got them for me - they fit in with my shelf of special knick-knacks and collectables :-P

Then tonight went out with two sisters and one sister’s boyfriend – they took me to a country-western place. The Cactus Moon – very interesting. It has a big wooden dance floor and the music mixing booth in the middle. Then there is a large walkway all around the dance floor (for people to go “walking” my sister did that a lot – it is basically crusin only instead of in a car you are walking around the ring.

The dance floor is ringed with a counter and chairs and then tables after that… then the walkway and then bars along the walls at about 5 places around the bar/club (it is a big place.)\\Plus it is the first bar I have been to that has a major large hat shop – yes they sell cowboy hats – yeeehawwwww

Plus they have cigar shops and hey even had Captain Morgan (some poor smuck dressed up as a pirate looking for people drinking rum).

The music was actually mixed – there would be country western sets (the main theme of the place is western) but then they would play current dance/pop sets – nice mix.

I enjoyed watching people dancing and THANK YOU GWEN STEFANI – when they played Hollaback girl damn those women got up and out and ooo one set was even bumping, grinding, licking and okay going to take shower brb

Hehe – yeah even though I do not do country-western I enjoyed myself – liked watching the people – major fun time – plus my one sister is like a major club ho kinda person and plays the crowd so she kept picking up guys on the dance floor or when crusin’ and bringing them around and stuff – damn dancing with her on the floor was fun but whew-wheee but I would go back again

My other sister goes there a bit and was pointing out all the regulars and it was fun watching some of the better ones dance and then they have an elevated box on one end like in Soul Train and enjoyed watching the girls get up there and go crazy – lol

So had a bit of fun dancing and watching – of course then had to drive my drunk sister home (I was the DD) and that was a story in and of its self

Yes there has been major drama as well as pain in the ass sister stuff and some fun… will have to write up more of the quirky odd shit that is a family vacation – I will definitely need a rest after this trip :-D

No comments: