Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Dark Room

Ok - so I got sucked in - it is funny, odd, weird, definitely WTF territory - and yet, I am laughing my butt off clicking happily away.

I speak of this performance, game, something called "The Dark Room" a choose your own adventure type story that uses YouTube as the platform, minimal effects and yet keep me and, at this writing, 1000s of others coming back and clicking.

It uses the old-school MMORG concept of "typing" the directions for your character to explore. However, it quickly leaves that behind as the humor of the options and the unexpected choices leave you with a deer in the headlights feeling. I did enjoy the love poem and love letter ;)

What was your favorite bits?

below the video link I am adding a couple of my favorite screen shots - the actor in this story has wonderful expressions



Here is the link - http://youtu.be/hvkjP6dqpfY










No comments: