Monday, September 07, 2009

The amazing gray (grey) matter

It is so amazing to me what the brain for a human being does on any given day. I mean looking at what I did today and what the brain had to do.

science.education.nih.gov/supplements/nih2/addiction/guide/lesson1-1.htm

Slept in til 12 - ok, you think what is the brain having to do and that is way lazy - well I did not go to bed until 6am so it is not too lazy, but I dream - I had a few dreams I remember and I am sure some I do not - one being a very weird Nikki and NOra themed dream and weirdest is it was not Nora's character that was the focus but Nikki's and yes I was in the dream and enough said - but the brain does work when dreaming and also remember a part of the brain is ALWAYS working as it makes sure we keep breathing and heart keeps going.

But ok, so I start to rouse around 12 and immediately remember what I wanted to do, so as I lay there, I think about and plan.

Then I get up and memory jumps in as I take vitamin and other things and get ready to go out

I head to the mall, no not to shop, but to walk. It was cloudy and possible rain and I wanted to walk for an hour for exercise, so i walk the mall. I put on my little headphones and spend an hour thinking about all sorts of things, listening to music and watching people and observing - lots of brain stuff there and some autopilot as I did not have to think about walking, instead just the other stuff rambling through my head... I love autopilot hehe

Then hop in car and go to grocery store. Walking through there, thinking about what I need, comparing prices, calculating value, trying not to check out the cute person in produce ;P you know busy brain and higher level thinking even

Then headed home, cooked beans and rice and used the creole spices I bought in New Orleans to make some dirty rice and thinking about my trip to Nola and then the stories I am working on.

To computer, I set up my classes for the week, read student work, sent out emails and had She Spies Season 1 episodes playing on TV at same time - I am a multitasker thank you brain for being able to split into little brains hehe

Hmmm having Dr; Horrible's flashbacks, must watch that again, I was so pissed Liz Vassey had like a 30 second scene and that was all - ooo must get ahold of the CSI eppy with her doing star trek tribute - I do not watch CSI but would watch her, I mean it.

Ok, brain is rambling - but yes, let's see, so um doing work, watching TV - oh I switched from She spies to the movie Overboard - I love Goldie Hawn

ok so then doing laundry and forgot I was so had to get that going again. Then ex dropped little one off and had to juggle work, computer, TV and little one.

Got her settled then hoped back on here and been putzing around, about to go to bed as brain is tired...

but damn, look at how many things my brain did just today.... and the range and... wow... pretty damn good for a bout a pound of squishy grey (gray) matter which has some electrical charges and chemical going through it, pretty damn good indeed...

I just feel bad I am so scattered and rambling - ah well, i still love my squishy grey

No comments: