Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nice professional development workshop

Attended an all day workshop yesterday with a couple of other teachers at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. They offer awesome programs for teachers. This workshop covered a personal finance curriculum for middle and high school – it was great. They deliver the workshop by actually teaching the lessons and making the teachers participate as students – I love it.

Then hit Chinatown for some nice food, always cool to go into one of the locals only places and grab some yummy food. I do miss living in the city....

Finished the staff training for the Summer Bridging program I coordinate – whew – good group this year, hope all goes well… doing the last bits and pieces to get everything organized.

Got selected for jury duty - I will have to go in sept. 8 and see what happens.

My online class is almost completed – final grades due the 9th – one more test and a couple labs to go.

I am in the middle of the class I am taking – working on Wikis and visual literacy, which means playing with stuff like flickr, voice thread, photoshop and others… fun but a lot to do with everything else.

And finally starting to get my classes ready for the fall, I have a lot to prep with that, but I'll make it, just means I will be multitasking a lot :P

Looking into some stories for the fanfic page I keep and also the Cursed Curios group – wanna do some of the more darker, horror oriented stories, my mind kinda needs that right now :P

Ok – off to watch absolutely fabulous – man I love that show hehe and grade labs… ahhh multitasking

No comments: