Monday, October 29, 2007

Myspace music tour

A nice concert

I went to the House of Blues in Atlantic City last night to catch the MySpace music tour. It was really good. I saw thePolysics, Young Love, Hellogoodbye and Say anything

I had only seen Young Love before (saw them open for Erasure and I really like them – in fact ended up outta myseat and downstairs dancing to them).

The Polysics were different – hard to describe, punk/hard rock with a touch of screamo and electronica and oh, they are Japanese hehe the accent the lead singers had, well it just added to the experience.

Hellogoodbye kept changing instruments and such (including banjo, mandolin and a few different types of keyboards). The lead singer kicked off his shoes (like Cyndi Lauper always does) and made it feel like a fun music time.

Say Anything was the end act and you could tell why, I enjoyed most of the songs and the feel kept strong even at the end of the night. I like the HOB venue as the upstairs seating is great and then downstairs I can go and stand in the back and still see the stage.

I miss going to concerts (happens when I teach my Friday night/Saturday morning environmental class) so I was glad to get make to the live music.

Also laughed my butt off at the bartender flirting with some ladies before the concert hehe

Ahhhh back to the work week – hopefully this week will not be as bad and hectic as last week… : )

No comments: