Sunday, June 11, 2006

Working through the weekend

Pretty average weekend thus far and not too much planned for tomorrow to alter from that view.

Watched the original Reefer Madness Friday - a friend recommended the updated version but I have not been able to get a hold of that. Many of the video stores here I checked out do not carry it. The one Blockbuster that has the case out has not had the movie out for ever and does not do holds. And Suncoast could not order it - I really wanna see that.

Saturday walked the boardwalk in the morning and then hung around home and did some basic chores - started organizing some stuff and may even continue the organizing mood big time tomorrow (Sunday) - I am in a get rid of things mode right now cause of where my mind is regarding certain things (yes mind is in the dumps about a certain issue) - so not sure if that is a good or bad time to organize... kinda like you should not go to the grocery store when hungry although I often tend to do that anyways

Sunday (tomorrow - well today) planning on doing mainly stuff around the house - start writing up lessons for the Physical Science course I start teaching in July, try to find some math resources for a math curriculum I am writing and maybe hit a local Greek Festival.

Let's see current reading materials include:

Mergers by Steven Layne
Staying Dead by Laura Anne Gilman (and will read the sequel once I finish this)
The Looking Glass by Frank Beddor (about to start that)
The unknown Mile by Jaime Clevenger
Bell, Book and Dyke by various authors
Talent – a new comic series by Christopher Golden and other
Bird of Prey comics
Y the Last man comic series
Fables – comic series (I really like this series)
Alias comic series (and no not the TV series – something totally different and very good)
And working through the second book in the Lemmony snicket series

Got a few more books recommended to me and I'll start those as soon as I finish this lot

Also have had some movies recommended to me so I think the upcoming week will be spent watching a buttload of movies (including I need to rent Firefly – I got this idea for a story) and reading a bunch.

Also been listening to the Wicked soundtrack – I soooo wanna see that again.

No comments: