Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The People You Meet

I stopped for gas this morning and was treated to a philosophy of the type of people there are in the world. In NJ it is against the law to pump your own gas - all gas stations are full serve and an attendant has to pump.

So the normal procedure is pull in tell the person who comes up what you want - watch as they disappear once again, sit there while it fills and eventually they come back and give you a reciept and then you are on your way.

Well this morning the attendant I guess was bored, or in a mood or who knows but he stands by my window and starts talking and engaging in conversation. As he continues on he informs me there are really only three types of people

Stupid People
Fucking Nutty People
Full of Shit People.

Then he continues that the stupid people you may encounter a 100 a day for instance. F-nuts people maybe 30 and the Full of shit people last a lifetime.

He then proceeded to notice the parking sticker I have on my car for a college I teach at. And the questions followed - are you a student? No I teach. Oh what? Geology and Science. Oh you do archeaology and digs then.....

why do people always link geology with digging up bones :P

But then he proceeded to ask where I had done field work and I mentioned the Smithsonian Institute, Univ of Penn and other places and then wheeeee my 10 gallons were complete and another customer came in....

So I got gas and philosophy for my morning commute

No comments: