Thursday, January 13, 2011

Transmedia Resources Updates

I have a few pet projects and one is collecting articles related to transmedia and aligned subjects - I post what I find at http://www.transmediaresources.com/ - and I have probably about 500+ articles sitting in my gmail folder that need to be added, plus there are even more to be searched out.

That said - if anyone is interested in a menial task of helping to review and add resources (it takes me so long because I read the resource before adding and whooo that means lots of reading, thinking and time : )

Well anyhoos - slowly adding more - below is my last little update blurb at the site

--------------
Happy New Year everyone! - It seems the creative juices and discussions continue to flow (a couple of interesting recent articles I like http://muchtoolong.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-makes-good-transmedia-format.html and http://athinklab.com/2010/12/16/a-tale-of-two-trends-augmented-reality-and-transmedia-storytelling/)

As mentioned in both articles, transmedia has continued to build and grow and excite, which means there are a large number of resources. No one can collect all of them (I heave a big sigh as I had this dream to build a transmedia library) if anyone has any ideas on better organization systems for this site - please let me know.

Also, I am alway worried about archival issues - especially as the Internet ebbs and flows and sites disappear - yet there is always a conflict between copyright and just wanting to make sure the ideas and content survive - if you find bad or old links - please let me know, thanks!

I am going to copy three paragraphs from http://muchtoolong.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-makes-good-transmedia-format.html - I recommend reading the whole article (even better, leave comments and start a conversation).

By Simon Staffans - "There are still probably as many definitions of transmedia as there are people talking about transmedia. These are not necessarily differing all that much from each other, but rather in a nuance here or a nuance there. It’s all good though; we should all fear the day when we have the definite definition of what transmedia is. That’s the day when it’s time to start doing something else.

It’s not just talk either. A growing number of people are starting to venture into the field of transmedia to tell their stories. These range from major multi-million dollar ventures to small dramas or documentaries with next to no financial power behind them. Some will fail, even amongst the colossal ones, but some will succeed magnificently, even amongst the small ones – such is the way of the storytelling business.

As more and more projects are being developed, there seems to be a need to look beyond the ”what is transmedia?” or ”why transmedia?” to the much harder ”should I and this project go into transmedia?”

No comments: