Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ramblings and where I am

Took my Environmental Science class on a field trip today - we headed to Wissahickon Park in Philadelphia. It is a cool place and the weather was perfect. We looked at the rocks and also studied the creek/water - it was fun. I always enjoy taking students out and getting out and hiking and stuff.

I finished up the History GIS project Friday - we had the students in again and they finished looking for the latitiude and longitude of their battlefields as well as if the battlefield is commemorated by a museum or memorial. I also had a meeting about GIS in general an how we are shaping the program in our school - lots coming up with that.

I actually am going to look into getting certified officially in GIS - it is an up and coming field and something to get into if things go blah with teaching, or if I wanted to move, or if the school downsized, etc. I am really interested in it... yes, eyeing another career for a number of reasons... ahhh what a swirly mind and a lonly heart will make one due : )

been checking out some Vegas stuff, probably going to take my one sister to Vegas for her birthday. That will be a fun four day weekend. Then the day after i get back from that - I have been invited to this golf thing... I have never golfed in my life, but she said who cares, come along hehe

Been looking at the wave of music coming around the area - there are lots of great shows, but none so far that time with my schedule other than the two I am lined up for now... but I am looking at a few more upcoming ones : ) plus starting to go out a little more, finding what I can when i am free

got mounds of grading to do - blech - I am procrastinating and will work on that tomorrow. Basically have it in all classes.. phooey.

Speaking of, wow things have been wacky this year - the college classes end around May 12 and the high school June 15.

And boy has this year been up and down, not just the job, but personally too... it seems to be ending, at least so far on a kinda down but kinda middle ground... almost a - damn I am still where I have always been kinda thing... which is good and bad I suppose... :P

Well, mind is somewhere else tonight, so I shall go and let it wander, Ta-Ta all : )

No comments: