Sunday, February 10, 2008

What Can you Do

Oh on top of everything else that happened today, I had a student break down a little in my lab this morning. She was the last one there and talking about things and it came up that she had been applying for this better job in the place she works for and the politics and way people were handling it hurt her badly (plus they abuse her in how much work she does for them and all...) in addition she's finding the financial burdens growing and making possible difficult changes coming. But this all kinda came out as I was discussing a few things from lab and cleaning up the lab and I could not do much as she struggled with the tears and talkig about it other than listen... but I felt so bad and it made me think about where I am... damn it I hate the f*ing "what can you do... nothing really" feeling, I have such a hard tme with that, harder than many things and i always trying to fight it and end up just as frustrated or making things worse.... oh to be callous, or like the song no good deed goes unpunished... I really do find that song to be... more telling and true than most prolly realize....

No comments: