Saturday, August 18, 2007

lots of little things and movie review

I know, not been updating in a bit - not updated story site, not updated blogs, not updated much... hopefully as things begin to settle I can change all that : )

Bridging program is moving into its final week, yay things have been up and down and quite a ride. Only a couple more weeks til school - still waiting to see how job and other pans out...

Going to take a road trip at end of August - yay for getting away

Saw the movie "Prey for Rock and Roll" Reading the reviews, people either hated it or loved it - like any good indie film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307351/combined I liked it for a few reasons - one, yes I like Ms. Gershon and I think her role here was well done...

It's been out a few years, but it is hard to find. And while it has the macho chick and lezzie theme - that's not what I liked actually. I liked it was a woman who turned 40 and was going WTF am I doing here on this Earth, have I gotten too old and am I ever going to make my dream, be more than I am, rise above the average hum drum i go to work 9 to 5 kinda existence. And damn guess what, the movie dares to end with the answer... No she never ever will... she's an average plain jane (ok gina is hot but you know what i mean) basically not everyone has a glamorous life and some end up just getting through.

Granted the drama is high here although it is supposedly based on true events (which the whole tattoo the bad guy scene was really shivers because again it shows the plainness average, no they do not kill the guy, no there is no justice and no they do not beat him or anything, the main character uses her talents and the revenge is simple in execution yet is an outlet without a lot of violence.

But somehow by the end of the movie, I really can say and I do not say this about many movie's or characters, but I really understood Jackie, by god I did. And I ended up so drawn into the movie, I cried not just at the "sad" parts, but at the end of the movie too… both sad and then a hey Jacki realized where she was and still… fuck it all she went out on stage and played for her $13.25…. damn so many of us end up like Jacki, not Gina… : )

Gina has some new thing coming out Sept. 4 – I saw a preview on her MySpace it looks funny

I also liked a lot of the quotes – although overall the dialogue was not that high end, but then again, for me this movie was all about not being high end….

Jacki: A murderer, a rapist and a dyke go into a tattoo parlor...

Ok back to filing bills and the average stuff of life

No comments: