Monday, March 12, 2012

Gavin's Strange Code and Email - world of depleted

Well, I have been swamped with this and that, but, finally getting back to things I love to do and play with, including World of Depleted.

There are three things I am playing with

1. My next two stories. One is the next installment in my Business series - I will post it here in a couple days in a rough draft form, anyone willing to read it and give me opinions and help with editing it :) pleassssseeeee :o)

2. Strange email from Gavin

Got an email from Gavin a little bit ago (from the account which I am still trying to figure out what the name means - any ideas)? but I digress - the subject line read:

Rift..*&&@!!@89o8#!##...mail...


There was one word

Meta.

and there was only a QR code attached. When I scanned it - the following popped out

Book of Enoch. Beta Israel.
Read Metadata.


ok - so, I finally figured out how to read metadata of image files (yeah, ok you seasoned ARG players, I know that is a skill you do in your sleep, still, I am giddy I managed to do this, and will be going back and looking at all images and codes now) but as mentioned in this post I read the metadata on the QR code and came away with this.


Soooooo what do people think? It looks like Fred was spot on in his discussions (on the Facebook group and other places too) - hmmmm France, that has been mentioned a few times, so did he make it there?


3. Strange codes from the DVD



ok - so, I ordered a World of Depleted DVD (check here if interested http://worldofdepleted.com/archives/1837 ) and it, among other things, has some secret clues.

from my DVD QR code

Mamadon exists in your time.
Her goths rob graves.
Find D.S. in the city over-the-rhine,
where chili meets pasta.
Call her.
Say the shadow phrase.
She knows where I'm at.
Her tribe will help.


Fred Koskin shared his too, which I am going to share here as any and all help to decipher these and figure out the next piece to Gavin's story would be appreciated.

from QR Code

You must be creative enough to think outside of a box with seven levels!

m_ayo_ra=_.vgom_sherbadherabdoer_veone_iernnhcs_s


Sooooooo - we have some pieces of a code, a box with seven levels (is that seven part of a encryption key we need) and the odd Gavin email.

I think I might post some of this over in Unfiction forums to see if anyone has ideas about the code

but if anyone else has ideas.... I wonder if this links directly back to Gavin's last message or not?


No comments: