Friday, April 16, 2010

Rating Transmedia

Read a nice article at www.thewrap.com/blog-entry/critical-shortfall-who-rates-transmedia-15492

and left the following comment

great article and a topic I have been wondering about myself for quite some time - rating/evaluating transmedia (archiving and the lasting ability of these projects is another topic I think a lot about). Rating/evaluating come in two forms - one is related to access (one might argue success is a touchy word) - as you mention how many people view the transmedia, how many people view a portion of the transmedia and how many people UNDERSTAND the whole story.

Then there is another area, one I started a small rating concept for (more as an attempt to work through the ideas than as trying to say, as you point out, oh I am qualified and an expert - I am neither IMO) - but that is rating the necessity of each piece to understanding/experiencing the whole and thus the true transmedia nature of project.

I think a grid of ratings are needed for any transmedia project and then each person can look at the number that best fits what he/she wants for that experience (is it total number seeing any piece, how many made it all the way through, how necessary were the pieces to understanding the story, how many people bought this or that, etc).

I would maybe suggest a transmedia project dictates a more involved list of metrics and that anyone getting into a project of this sort should accept they will need to consider that, and put into place a number of metric measures fro the getgo....

No comments: