Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Changing seasons

Seasons - an implication of a collection of time united by some similar thread. Seasons as designated by a solar cycle, or weather or a cultural thread, or... a time in a person's life as designated by philosophy and the way they view somethng, or believe in something : )

So it is shifting into summer, sorta, although the weather has been cooler and rainy.

I caught an environmental lecture out at the college last night, it was great and god, I miss that, I miss the science and the lectures and the collegiality and the excitement and curiosity.

I am excited I get to explore that this summer as I attend a GIS/Crime Mapping conference and workshops - I love learning and this is one way I can tap into that still. A shift back to study and learning and science. I love GIS. I love patterns and GIS ties into that so much. Patterns, relations, connections.

I have been working on my writing, learning new tools to use, working with new people, dipping into other mediums, ways to write - been doing some mystery stuff, researching that - it is a different sort of wrtiting and thus thinking.

Plus this week the schools are ending so little one has this nasty half day schedule and some doctor appointments and it is just shooting my week to crapola.

But on the plus, I am happy with myself, for once. I know who I am and what I want and who I'd like to be with. Now.... if I can just find a person who fits into that.... and wants me - then I be very yipee hehe

Finishing up watching Murder in Suburbia, damn that is a great show. Also watching Bloodties season 1 - wheeeee Christina Cox.

Speaking of, as said I have been playing on Mahalo.com and I am always updating my pages - if you have stuff about Nikki and NOra, Christina Cox, Defying Gravity (the tv series) or such, send it my way.

Also looking for peoples to do some nikki and nora writing and such - give a holler : )

Alrighty time to go change another season somehow... ;)

No comments: