Friday, February 23, 2007

Trips and Sisters and Weddings

Welllll - I am in Arizona as my second oldest sister is getting married tomorrow. There is lots of comedy, drama and ooohhh and ahhs (and holy shits and no F*ing ways too) and I am staying in my nephews room, a shrine to Hilary Duff - I will not comment on that any more at this point :P

The rehearsal yesterday was weird. My sister knows weird people - I was loving watching everything. Then the rehearsal was livened up as my one nephew fell in the little fish pond - OMG it was so funny but not - you know - luckily they had extra clothes and such but mannnnn funny to watch my sister turn beet red and get even more nervous before her wedding - hehe - of course I had been with the kids as we looked at the snails and fish and stuff... but then I went off and look one of them falls in :P

Our aunt and uncle from Florida came out and are driving everyone crazy (and man the aunt is nosy - we had bags from shopping and she was going through them and my sister's fridge and everything - lol

my sister getting married is doing fairly well (she just found out now her husband to be went out, is still out as we speak and is major drunk with his little pal - more on the whole little pal story at some point) i managed not to get my nails done and instead ducked into a video store and found a copy of "Bound" which I have been looking for so hurray on that.

I dropped my youngest sister, who was not invited to the wedding, yes lots of drama, but I dropped her at the airport earlier today as she was going with a bunch of girls to Vegas for the weekend - I got to listen to an earful about why she was not invited to the wedding and lots of other wonderful things... but she needed the ear...

I am ending up spending a lot of time with the kids as I am the only one not in the wedding so I watch all the little ones while everyone else is practicing and talking and doing errands and such - which is ok, I am pretty immature and fit right in - lol - I will not mention the little scooter accident I had other than to say, I still did the 360 damnit but the 540 need work ;-D

Well lots more going on including me going outta my mind (and I so wish I could say jooking after that but, tis sadly true :P

I stopped by the old house today on the way back from dropping my sister off - the first time i had been alone since getting here, and thought a lot about my mom and growing up and memories... which was good thinking and kinda bad thinking... ah well, reflection and such is well, reflective : )

ok gotta go - helping my sister make the weddings cake, have to pick up her dress, have to do a few other things and going to get to eat Mexican tonight - Yummy (wish I could say I was going to "eat" Mexican tonight too (hehe - yeah I am baddddd and mind is badddd ah well :P

Updates later if I get a chance to breath or recover from this crazy mad house

2 comments:

Hil said...

ahh! i don't know what to say first!

uh...

i guess, firstly the obvious one - hate hilary duff. absolutely hate her. she's ruined your name, and by the sounds of it, your nephews bedroom also. -tis a shame.

Are you at liberty to say why one of your sisters wasn't invited?

i would have laughed at the fish pond incident too. i'm awful, i know.

are you at liberty to talk about the 'little pal' thing?

and as for the mexican comment, well i never! you naughty little doc, you. oh wait, not really.(you're meant to have sexual urges. it means you're alive, silly.) :P

hope to hear more about the wedding.

docwho2100 said...

Running in between trying to get caught back up with work and everything - I can comment, somewhat on those two mentions - I'll keep it vague here - email me if you really truly want the whole enchilada :)

About 7 or 8 or maybe 9 years ago - feuds and when and why they start tend to get very hazy and such - just ask the Hatfields and McCoys - but My sister's (who got married) first husband did some not so great things to my other sister (the one who went to Vegas) and my sister took her husband's side (or more just ignored everything) - well that started the "bad blood" feeling between the two. Then the sister that went to Vegas had a major falling out with my third sister (not mentioned before - are you keeping up) but that was a major issue over money and other things and the youngest (the one who went to vegas) ended up leaving the house and not talking to either sister for a number of years (and I was in Grad school in NJ at this time so I was a passive observer to all this) Well add in my youngest (the one not invited) is a player, big time, she uses her assets to get what she wants, as well as being in and out of beds, lives and basically drifting from job to job and such... (we won't go into the alcoholic, health and other mental issues here - again email) but my youngest has made problems at other functions and affairs before - we have had major meltdowns (a couple times ago when i visited, we were all our playing minature golf, she went off, left her kids and walked out of the place and ended up in a few bars and finally has some guy bring her home the next morning) and she always wants to be at the center of attention and while this sounds like a judgment, honestly everything I have typed has been from observed practices and her own mouth ... i save my judgment and comments for myself... but then came my sister's fiance (now husband) the youngest sister and he never liked each other from the getgo, always in each other's face and on each other's nerves - and again my sister (the one who got married) 9 outta 10 times sided with him over my sister, including when he mentioned not inviting the youngest.... again there is a lot more between that - but heap up a number of years of incidents and fighting and very cool attitudes between those two and the fact he didn;t want the youngest there and well.... she went to Vegas... :(

I and my other sister (the one not getting married or going to Vegas - there are 4 of us total ) but both of us could only listen to those two... both of whom, and now I insert a bit of opinion, liked the drama and being able to say they did not invite/were not invited to the wedding to others

The other - "little pal" is something much more based on a few years of observations and feelings so I will not say too much here, but there are those who believe much more than being friends has (and we worry may still be) going on between them... so i leave it as best friends... but to a point will the husband choose best friend over my sister in certain situations (for instance this person has lived with my sister and her now husband for over a year now and decided to take the husband's last name in a ceremony timed as close as possible to the wedding because they are like "brothers". The guy is nice everytime I have met him, he just has caused tension as any houseguest would plus there are many other things as we wish only best for our sister (heck even I staying for that amount of time I am sure would cause tension) and well yes, other things too but I am being bias now the protective oldest sister and self-proclaimed tomboy and protective brother as opposed to staying neutral - hmmm ok I shall stop rambling now I think : ) and maybe, eventually get another post out with more wedidng fun adn details - open bar for 4 hours and a DJ who's selections sucked - hooooo boy ;-)