Monday, December 13, 2010

World of Depleted easter Eggs and mythology

Doing some digging

Ok – so have a few free moments in-between grading final exams and trying to catch up on World of Depleted and WOWZERS – there is a lot to explore (and I think I wasted time clicking through some directories and trying to clear up the sound in the WoD trailer – I wanna know what Gavin is saying) but ah well, I do tend to follow dead-ends a lot ;).

First I was digging around the WoD site and was looking at all the images in the directories associated with Gavin’s journal (not sure if allowed or supposed or if anything there, but I clicked on all the images – there are a few I, erm, borrowed because I like them – some are around on parts of the WoD main site and some, hmm not sure :p


So Gavin’s most recent entries are tying some pieces together (like the earlier “hidden” video) and other links. When Zazzle was first intro’d as the gear site and with a throw away mention that there might be secrets there – I went over all of the Merch and such – nothing seemed to pin (I did order a shirt and added a custom piece to it – I gotta take a picture of me wearing it :) But I did not see anything, but I wondered… well now… with the Dec 10th entry… but how does Zazzle connect to Deep Thoughts connect to….


I had tried a few combo terms for websites, but nothing too intense (still have to do more) – but so far found one and maybe two.


Ok spoilers in a sense here so going down a bit – or click off this blog post right away if not wanting to hear my musings :P I’ll post one of my fav images/posters – maybe make this an avatar or such






http://knightsofxeno.info/ - seems to be not much there yet – buttttt a couple things – going to search on the quote that is there, have found the link to one of the mysterious symbols and looking at the source – the name for the image is Clockworkfull (which could be something or nothing – LOL) and jenna whitmore is listed as an alt text. I tried deepthoughts as a directory and will try a few more to see if there is more to the site… (Zig Matheson - is that name important ;)


And also as a link, there are a couple Gavin entries discussing William McKnight - http://worldofdepleted.com/Gavin/?p=238 and http://worldofdepleted.com/Gavin/?p=259 – plus there is mention of the code breaking in Gavin’s journal entries – so eventually will try to dig a bit more into the KoX web site – also – still wondering if Knights of Xeno and Neo-Palidins are the same groups, linked, or opposing… and there is the other symbol – still looking for a more direct link (I think it is associated with the neo-palidins)


The other site – I am not sure – it may be co-winkydink but there is a www.neopaladins.com – still looking for others – lots to try and pry ;)



No comments: