Monday, November 22, 2010

World of Depleted, Dead Drops and Deep Thoughts


from deaddrops.com

Well the plot is growing thick (and so is my head unfortunately) –received two awesome codes each with a leaning that more was coming – well – I am now collecting ideas and trying to make links (been kept away from fun and such due to work and other responsibilities – but the Thanksgiving holiday is coming and I may actually get to play a little and then even more by the Winter holiday) –Anyhoos, any ideas are always welcome – so what do I have so far, not much and half baked, but it is time for bed (which is also why this post is so much more stream of consciousness and thus making prolly little sense– tomorrow I shall look at it and cringe I am sure)

On a side note – one code came via one method (Dropbox) and the other came via email- hmmmmm is there a reason for the different methods or, is it just keeping the messages spread out so harder to track and fine and connect which then wraps back into, who and what is on which side…

Also – curious there is mention of a dead drop and one of the methods of communication is "Dropbox"… perhaps looking more into that could produce something (or not ;oP)

Oh, yes, there was a third message – which does mention the Dead Drop concept (as well as a mention on the odd bird/gear image) - message is "You may be correct. It looks strangely industrial revolution, but it has an American feel. Norman says he's close to wading through front companies to an actual central Dead Drop zone. If he means it the way I would, this might be an unmanned site"

Oh and found this – neat puzzle and ok, I am just not that industrious, but maybe thinking such as in that event is needed, hmmm – http://blog.theflashblog.com/?p=1955

And here is another way to do a Dead Drop (of course I have no smart phone) - http://workbookproject.com/culturehacker/2009/12/03/ten-interactive-story-ideas-for-layar/

Code 1 - got the place figured out. It's a store called "Deep Thoughts"...being used as a front for messages from different "black" organizations. Will let you know when we have a location.

What my research is pinging - Well since there is the reference to a store (as a front for either black ops organizations or black market) and the mention of messages, looking for a store called "Deep Thoughts" and perhaps there is a "dead drop" – Now I have this urge to go look at the Zazzle web site and see if there are any odd things there….. ok putting in deepthoughts after the main url for Zazzle only brings up this weird poodle tie :P – back to that drawing board

Which links to the other code – I am guessing there a message from the Deep Thought store waiting in a Dead drop. Is there an online version of a Dead Drop and if so – what is the signal, the QR code sent by Ezekiel bahTid (mentioned in many references is the use of signals to alert others something is in the dead drop)

And also – can not help but chuckle as Deep Thoughts also has the link to Jack Handley and all hehe – ahhh SNL subculture ;)

Code 2 - Go To Dead Drop

What my research is pinging – well the tried and true general search leads first to this concept of what a dead drop is (I have expanded my vocab as I never knew this term) – it seems to fit given the nature of the story –

I found this site - http://deaddrops.com/ and I am sucked in – even if it does not end up being part of the story – I plan on visiting and finding some of these – they are too cool – I am posting the photo from the site because the idea of an USB just in a wall and you hooking a computer to it – hehe – although what a way to pass a virus and nuke your computer – I think I need a generic computer that can be used for stuff like this so if it does contaminate – it is easy to redo the machine.

And a little interesting tidbit on how to do a virtual dead drop – which I found a few other sites mentioned as well - hmmm http://jimthompson.org/wp/2006/04/29/the-virtual-dead-drop/

So – need to think and look a bit more into this – but need to find the Dead Drop and find more on Deep Thoughts

No comments: