Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Conceptual metaphors - are we locked into place

awesome article - will humans be able to shift? I need to look into this more, but wow - I have long been talking about new ways we have begun to exist/think/process (spatial thinking, visual learning, transmedia/cross platform delivery - etc.) This takes us to an even more fundamental place - just like the Facebook CEO crusade for changing perceptions of privacy - whew - I was really struck by how much humans are creatures of habit and that habits are hard to break, but oh if we can imagine the world in another way.... that even as we try to break away from conceptual metaphors, we still need metaphor and analogy to understand - humans build bridges one step at a time.... is it time to try a whole new approach? Can this old dog learn new tricks - well damn it, I plan to try ;) join me

mashable.com/2010/01/13/conceptual-metaphors/

No comments: