Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Week That Was

Actually week was not too bad - although have tests in all of my classes which means enormous piles of grading.... I hope to wade through it all by tomorrow night

Been watching this new show, although it is not so new - Sanctuary. It is new because it "premiered" on Sci Fi channel in October - not so new because it has been around for over an year - it premiered as a Web show - which is where I fell in love with it and its main character, Helen Magnus.

I had found an RP group - put together by a person who interviews a lot of the actors associated with the show as well as hlpeing to maintain the main fan site.

Well we finally started the RP about a month ago and wow - I got to meet a lot of cools people, from all over (this side of the Atlantic and the other as well) - and the stories and writing is cools - I play Helen Magnus (Yipeee I am loving here, the actress Ms. Tapping and the RP Helen) and a made up - Oliver, a Cabal member who is making trouble for Sanctuary.

What's interesting is they took the web episodes and redid them for the tv - so they took something old and made it new, and then in the RP, we use a lot of general storylines from other shows, specially X Files and twist them around - it's great...

Took little one to a Brownie outing this morning - girls from all over NJ came together to earn two Badges - Games and a Music one - it was fun and the leaders got to play along as well - it was fun, the only sad part - we found out this morning, last night the house of one of our brownies caught on fire, house and car gone, but all members alive... can you imagine that happened.... I truly can not...

Been raining a lot - but a bit warm, although I think they said snow flurries maybe MOnday - AAAGGGGGGG the white stuff returneth

Used a poem in one of my Helen replies - it kinda... fits the way I am and what I think and feel lately - I am also putting down the companion - in a sort to it, it fits too. So often people forget Edgar Allen Poe wrote poetry as well

A Dream With in a Dream by Edgar Allen Poe

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep - while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

A Dream by E. Poe
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep - while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?


He actually wrote a lot about dreams... try Dreamland too - I like that one

No comments: