Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Learning New tools and skills from a game

Today I have increased my tech skill and knowledge thanks to a "game" - I am becoming immersed, of sorts, in the universe loosely know as "World of Depleted" worldofdepleted.com/about.

Today I received a message and was invited to create a Dropbox account and begin sharing files. I have never used dropbox or similar (although I do use Google Docs and cloud share files that way). This is one reason why I like ARGs and similar transmedia properties and why I think they have a great place in our culture - they are a way to teach and demonstrate "practical" use of technology and skills in a compelling way.

I not only use my Barcapture to read the QR code left for me, but I also created a code, and, hopefully, shared it using dropbox (we'll see if that part worked).


Here is the code, as it does pertain to the game and the odd symbols, which I am following.

qrcode

No comments: