Monday, April 17, 2006

Work was odd today – it is spring break at the school so only 12 month employees (such as yours truly) have to go into work. And a lot of the 12 month take vacations – so it is pretty empty – which is odd but nice. It means this week I may actually get a number of projects completed and even catch up. Like today I finished typing up and writing the Diesel Engine technology curriculum (yes I have become an expert on Fuel injection systems, hydraulic breaks, dyno testing and a lot more). I spent a lot of time at Howstuffworks.com – you know I never realized how much there is that goes on under the hood of a car. I am still reading through the stuff.

But back to projects – the down side to finishing projects is then I get to a place I do not know what to do with myself – and that is good and bad.

Keeping my mind and self busy means less thinking about how quiet the house is so much of the time or trying to figure out what to do and not just sit around feeling like I am alone sitting around.

But for now lots of projects – I have major mounds of grading – I need to finish up Historical Geology test grading and lab grading plus about to go put together another lab – Ah the glorious world of Vertebrates and Plants and the wonderful tour of Reefs through the ages – that's ecologic reefs not another association with the word reef(er) – lol

I still have lots of curriculum to work on and also the National Academy Foundation stuff – major paper projects to push off my overflowing desk regarding that.

Then there is the presentation in Chicago coming up at the end of the month – that is not bad just need to coordinate – I took the weekend at the end of the conference so I can explore the area – will need the break.

Easter was well almost another day. Took a walk around the neighborhood though. It is partially rural with some back bay creek systems not too far. Saw a few bunnies, fish in the stream, a fox (yup) birds and then had a bulldog puppy playing at my feet and following me for a bit – and I so do not need to fall in love with a puppy but damn that fast I did – sigh, now I am thinking about dogs and pets and companions and all that….

No puppy, look away from the puppies : ) I have my kitty for now and that works – but he was sooooooooo cute

Still working on the yard – I will finish it one day – like many many days in the future – but one day…. I need to trick someone into helping me… any takers?

Still playing with my new phone I got over the weekend – I had to get the music program and will play with that – of course it had to do music J been too busy to open that, but that is a project I will get to soon enough – oh yeah I love to play with new technology

I feel in a music mode – I think watching Rent and my video DVD are in order – you know that is one thing I would love if I got digital cable (which I am not planning on but still) I miss music videos. The basic MTV and VH1 channels are all funkola talk shows and expose shows – I want my videos damnit – gotta stay up and watch Insomniac theater or the rap funk only with occassional jackass show MTV2 to see any these days…

but anyhoos I think music is on the plate for tonight.

No comments: