Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am in Tennessee

Well I am sitting in a COmfort Inn in, um, somewhere Tennessee (runs looks at phone) Kingston TN :)

Spent the day driving and thinking, thinking and driving. Listening to music and thinking. Stopping - trying not to think. Driving again, more music and more thinking - lol

Actually when I do a major road trip, especially if on my own, I tend to pee my way across the continent (crude but accurate). See I drink then must stop and empty bladder and of course when I stop I get another drink. Then as I am driving and thinking I am drinking (And I love tea which goes right through you)

So then I must stop again - if I took a picture of everywhwere I stopped, most of the pictures would include a toilet. Hmmm, perhaps I should write a book called Peeing across America - ok I think my brain is mush and stuck in crude mode. Although - that could be a gimmick - comparing restrooms in various places - I bet it has been done.

Hmmm I come on this trip to try and cheer myself up as well as think about certain things and maybe work through some things and so far I end up with the above idea - grrrreAat by the end of tomorrow's drive I should be in wonderful shape - give a holler my way it could be quite entertaining - hehe

I wanted to stop at the Frontier Culture Museum in Virginia but as I got there they were closing - major deeeennied - damnit I wanted to see people dressed up like in Bonanza and making butter and raising a barn and such - crap now I gotta wait until tomorrow to find dorky, silly I mean really cool and awesome stuff to do - lol

So overall good day, I'm pretty happy - wishing had someone to share the fun with but still having the fun - next time though I so gotta scam/con someone into coming with to help drive - hehe

Next stop - Memphis (ok next stop - rest stop or truck stop but final destination - Memphis - :-P

Some idle thoughts on my road trip

-- I LOVE, Love and major <3 Cruise control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome invention
-- a plus to going solo - you can crank the bass as much as you want. -- the Killers' CD and Madonna's CD are very good bass wise - I did not need to stretch - just turn up the bass and it shook the car so much I got a massage.
-- Another plus to going solo -I can stop at the freaky tourist traps and not get teased
-- A minus to going solo - no one to go with you to the freaky tourist traps that you can then blame and say they wanted to stop
-- A minus going solo - no one to talk to so I think a lot more
-- A plus - I think - easy driving and no traffic so lots of thinking - hehe
-- A minus - hearing that burrrrr noise along the Interstate that means someone went over the line and is driving on those bumpy ruts instead of staying on the road
-- A bigger minus - hearing that burrrr sound a lot and seeing it is big semis making the burrrr

No comments: